Talk on Fisl – KDE4 for the non – initiate. June 5, 2009Posted by tumaix in planetkde-tomazcanabrava.
It looks like I got accepted on FISL, that’s really encouraging for me since I just started helping KDE team on Brazil ( My first KDE-Related talk was last year on LatinoWare ). I Will be giving a
talk entitled “KDE4 for the non-initiates” where I will present them the really-used-omg-awesome apps that the powerusers do use, but the normal user doesn’t know about it and could save thy life.
the apps that I will talk about, besides a quick introduction of KDE4 itself:
– Yakuake – because a quake style terminal that sexy-slide from the top of your screen is… you know, sexy and cool. ( and one of the “must have” apps, for sure. 4grid terminals always open when programming )
– Kate with VIM – Because everybody that’s Tr00z loves vim ( I’m not a Tr00, I just point’n click ) but VIM has a few problems with, you know, it’s ugly, no cute fonts, no anti-aliasing. Kate – VIM FTW.
– KSnapshot – Because a print-screen button for users should take care of better knowing what you want. an small area? an app? the entire desktop?
– Digikam – There’s nothing better than digikam for professional management of images on linux.
– K3B – Since it’s back (IT’S ALIVEEEEEEEEE) I need to talk about it too, and compare with the others. K3B was the app that switched me to linux, I have a special feeling for it. ( I could marry it actually )
– And of course, the most beloved powertoy from the KDE4 series,
KLauncher KRunner. that silly bastard is a great help for sure. =)